By Sarah Glidden
This year’s students are aiming high for their live project. The students are publishing one print book of The Glorious Thing by Christine Orr, one print book of The Camomile by Catherine Carswell, and one ebook and audio book of Olalla by Robert Louis Stevenson. Yet our group does not feel that this is enough, we also wish to create a print version of Olalla. Unfortunately there is not enough funding to create the print version of Olalla. Our solution has been to use the Sponsume website. This website allows you to publish a video presenting and explaining your project, and then ask for funding; from there people can donate money toward your project if they wish. Our video has been up for a while now, and we are almost halfway to our goal. It is encouraging to see the people who are willing to help us and believe in our project, but we still need more support.
There are incentives to donate. The incentives are:
- £5.00 or more you recieve a tweet on the Olalla Twitter page
- £10.00 or more a tweet on the Olalla Twitter page and a digital version of Olalla by Robert Louis Stevenson
- £20.00 or more a tweet from the Olalla Twitter page, a digital version of Olalla by Robert Louis Stevenson and a digital version of The New Road by Neil Munro
- £50.00 or more a tweet from the Olalla page, digital version of The New Road by Neil Munro and an audio digital version of Olalla by Robert Louis Stevenson
- £100.00 or more a tweet from the Olalla Twitter page, digital version of The New Road by Neil Munro, digital version of Olalla by Robert Louis Stevenson along with an acknowledgement in Olalla
We are getting closer and closer to our goal. Please visit the link below and watch our video. If you feel that this project is worth supporting please donate. Our project will only be up on the sponsume website for another month. Every pound counts and is greatly appreciated.
Sponsume link: republishing-olalla-robert-louis-stevenson